'Christmas Stroll' brings street entertainment to OCC on night of Nov. 29
That's another way of saying that the Old Colorado City Associates (OCCA) business group is once again sponsoring the Christmas Stroll. Planned Saturday, Nov. 29 from 5 to 8 p.m., it will offer performers, historical characters and different activities along seasonally decorated Colorado Avenue between 24th and 27th streets. Most of the stores should be open.
A list from event organizer Pam Gressett includes the following for the Stroll:
- Old Town Plaza - Ross Trottier (guitarist).
- Bancroft Park - Miss Kiddee & Friends (interactive kids' activities).
- 2400 block, south side - Pikes Peak Youth Ringers (live music).
- 26th and Colorado (northwest corner) - William Wallbaum (guitarist).
- Strolling - Historical characters, Colorado Springs Victorian Society singers and Old Colorado City Library carolers. The latter group is schedued to join the event from 5:30 to 6 p.m. after a cookie-decorating activity starting at 4 p.m.
For more information on participating in the library activity, call 634-1698.
Last year's inaugural Stroll proved popular, with hundreds of visitors on the Old Colorado City streets.
Other activities being sponsored by the OCCA this season include Santa, kids' games, occasional street performers and carriage rides Nov. 28-30 and from then on every weekend, plus Christmas Eve.
Each of those days Santa will be in Bancroft Park's Garvin Cabin, from 11 a.m to 4 p.m. A Santa visit is also scheduled Wednesday, Dec. 24, from 11 a.m to 3 p.m.
There are fees to visit Santa and to take carriage rides.
Westside Pioneer article