Westside locations among city street upgrades listed through Nov. 6With city paving operations nearing an end for the season, below is the full list of Westside locations scheduled by City Public Works for 2C and other road upgrade programs during the time frame of Oct. 24-Nov. 6.
Cole Platt of the City Street Division said that paving would not continue much later than October, but concrete work (which is less sensitive to cold) will carry on through the winter.
- Colorado Avenue, from I-25 to 30th Street - cracksealing.
- Wheeler Avenue, from 21st Street to West End Avenue - milling and paving.
- Lower Gold Camp Road from 21st Street to 26th Street - concrete.
- Valkenburg Drive, from Windmill Avenue to Windemaker Lane - concrete.
- Manitou Boulevard from 17th Street to Monument Street - dig-out.
In general, note that there could be traffic impacts at any time in the work locations, including the temporary loss of a through lane or even a detour around the site.
2C was the name of the city-sponsored ballot measure that voters approved in last November's election. It established a .62 percent sales tax over a five-year span, dedicated to road improvements.
The upgrades consist of concrete upgrades (where applicable) and new paving on a prioritized list of road segments. A city website with 2C information can be found at
Westside Pioneer/press release