Avenue cracksealing part of Westside streetwork through Oct. 30Be on the lookout for road crews on West Colorado Avenue from I-25 to 30th Street through the end of October, performing repairs through the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority cracksealing program.
Another major street slated for roadwork in that time frame is Lower Gold Camp Road between 21st and 26th streets (concrete).
Below is the full list of Westside locations scheduled by City Public Works for 2C and other road upgrade programs during the time frame of Oct. 17-30.
- Colorado Avenue, from I-25 to 30th Street - cracksealing.
- Wheeler Avenue, from 21st Street to West End Avenue - milling and paving.
- Lower Gold Camp Road from 21st Street to 26th Street - concrete.
- Valkenburg Drive, from Windmill Avenue to Windemaker Lane - concrete.
- 1451 Cooper Ave. - dig-out.
In general, note that there could be traffic impacts at any time in the work locations, including the temporary loss of a through lane or even a detour around the site.
2C was the name of the city-sponsored ballot measure that voters approved in last November's election. It established a .62 percent sales tax over a five-year span, dedicated to road improvements.
The upgrades consist of concrete upgrades (where applicable) and new paving on a prioritized list of road segments. A city website with 2C information can be found at
Westside Pioneer/press release