Sept. 18 – just try to do the whole schedule
As Saturdays go on the Westside, this Saturday, Sept. 18 looms as one of the busiest of the year.
Here are the prominent events:
· 8 a.m., “Hike the Habitat” - a hike to the old quarry scar above the Garden of the Gods.
· 8:30 a.m., trail workday at Red Rock Canyon Open Space.
· 8:30 a.m., second day of the two-day El Paso County Household Chemical Waste Collection at Penrose Equestrian Center.
· 9 a.m., Country Christmas - second day of the three-day folk art festival at Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site.
· 10 a.m, start of scarecrow judging for Scarecrow Days in Old Colorado City.
For more information on these events, see stories elsewhere in this issue or check our Westside Happenings listings on the next page.
And if any of you are able to attend all of these activities (or even four out of five), please give us a call at the Westside Pioneer so we can get a survivor's report.
Westside Pioneer article