City Managerís list shows cuts if mill levy fails
The following are 2010 budget cutbacks as recommended by City Manager Penny Culbreth-Graft, barring passage of the City Council-proposed mill levy increase in
- Eliminate Squad 108 (6 positions).
- Cross-staff heavy rescue with truck company (12 positions).
- Eliminate Squad 7 (6 positions).
- Eliminate the police helicopter, Police Operations Center midnight staff, Training Academy sergeant, three juvenile offender officers, a community relations sergeant and officer, and four property investigators.
- Close 5 visitors centers, including Garden of the Gods visitor services staff and programs.
- Close Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site.
- Close Pioneers Museum except minimum staff to manage collection.
- Close all 7 city pools.
- Eliminate flowerbed program.
- Reduce Forestry [division].
- Close 6 community centers [including West].
- Significantly reduce irrigation and maintenance of 85 neighborhood parks, medians and public right of ways.
- Eliminate all city-funded transit services (leaving Only RTA-funded).
- No evening, weekend, holiday, Shriever or Ft. Carson service (62,000 hours).
- Time between buses extended from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
City Managerís Office, courtesy of Jan Martin