Preregistration needed for county's free haz-waste drop-off Sept. 17On Saturday, Sept. 17, the El Paso County Environment Division will again host “Clean Sweep,” a household hazardous-waste disposal opportunity.
The location will be the parking lot behind the El Paso County Citizens Service Center at 1675 Garden of the Gods Road.
The time frame will be 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The event is free and open to residents of El Paso and Teller counties, but advance appointments are required, “due to the long lines at previous Clean Sweep events,” a press release states.
Registrations can be made at https://fallcleansweep2016.eventbrite.com.
· Electronics: Televisions and computer monitors, limited to only three total per vehicle. Computers, printers, fax machines, laptops, notebooks, ultra-books, netbooks, electronic tablets, DVD players, VCRs, radios, stereos, video game consoles and video display devices with viewing screens greater than 4 inches diagonally
· Paint and paint-related products (stains, strippers, thinners, varnishes, etc.)
· Household chemicals (aerosols, ammonia, bleach, cleaners, lamp oil, etc.)
· Lawn and garden chemicals (fertilizers, pesticides, poisons, plant food, etc.)
· Automotive chemicals (motor oil, antifreeze, brake and transmission fluids, waxes, bug/tar/vinyl/chrome/engine cleaners, etc.)
· All types of batteries - lead-acid vehicle batteries and all types of household batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, and watch and hearing aid batteries)
· Business waste.
· Containers larger than five gallons, fluorescent bulbs and tubes, lab-grade chemicals, mattresses, medicines, tires, trash or recyclables and unlabeled or leaking containers.
For additional information, call El Paso County at 520-7871.
From a press release