Overnight work coming at Cimarron/I-25 - best bet is to find another route
Weather-dependent, the work will be going on nearly every night through Aug. 26, based on a Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) press release.
UPDATE, Aug. 26: Here are overnight lane restrictions beyond that date:
- Sunday, Aug. 28 through Thursday, Sept. 1 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly. Overnight lane restrictions on southbound I-25 between Bijou Street and US 24/Cimarron Street for embankment work.
- Monday night, Aug. 29 and Tuesday night, Aug. 30 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Lane restrictions on westbound and eastbound US 24/Cimarron Street between the I-25 southbound and northbound ramps for I-25 bridge work.
· Friday, Aug. 19 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Full closure on US 24/Cimarron Street between I-25 and Sierra Madre Street. In addition, the I-25 northbound ramps will be closed. This work is required to set girders on the Cimarron Bridge over Fountain Creek, east of the interchange.
· Saturday, Aug. 20 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Westbound US 24/Cimarron Street will be closed between 8th Street and I-25, again to set girders over Fountain Creek. Southbound I-25 on and off-ramp will remain open.
· Sunday, Aug. 21 through Friday, Aug. 26 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly. Lane restrictions on southbound I-25 and northbound I-25 between Bijou Street and South Tejon Street/Nevada exit for hauling dirt.
· Monday, Aug. 22 through Friday, Aug. 26 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly. Full closure of southbound I-25 off-ramp to Cimarron Street/US 24 for paving activities.
· Thursday, Aug. 25 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Full closure of northbound I-25 off-ramp to Cimarron Street/US 24 for utility storm crossing and temporary barrier.
· Sunday, Aug. 21 through Friday, Aug. 26 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly. Full closure on US 24/Cimarron Street between the northbound and southbound I-25 ramps to set deck. (Thursday night, Aug. 25 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the eastbound closure will extend from I-25 to Sierra Madre Street, and the westbound closure will extend from 8th Street to I-25.)
The overnight work is part of the $113 million interchange replacement project, which started in May 2015 and scheduled to continue through December 2017. Signs, barricades and detour information will be posted to guide motorists.
Westside Pioneer/press release