Free, outdoor live music at Bear Creek, Bancroft and Gold Hill MesaFree, outdoors live music series can be found at three venues on the Westside through the end of summer.
Making the offerings possible are El Paso County, Summer Concerts in the Parks series; the Pikes Peak Jazz & Swing Society (PPJASS), Jazz in the Parks series; and the Gold Hill Mesa development's ownership group, Concert Series.
Here what's scheduled through September, with the list broken out by location. (Note: All events are weather-dependent and subject to change):
- Wednesday, Aug. 19 at 6 p.m. - Wayne Wilkinson & The Faculty (county/PPJASS).
- Wednesday, Aug. 26 at 6 p.m. -- Kyle Gregory Quartet (county/PPJASS).
- Wednesday, Sept. 2 at 6 p.m. - Springs Contemporary Jazz Big Band (PPJASS).
(all at 4 p.m.; music type in parentheses)
- Saturday, Aug. 15 - High Altitude (Army rock).
- Saturday, Aug. 22 - Jeffrey Alan Band (country).
- Saturday, Aug. 29 - George Whitesell & His All Stars featuring Jill Watkins- (jump/swing/blues).
- Saturday, Sept. 5 - Woodshed Red (multi genre).
- Saturday, Sept. 12 - 6035 (classic rock).
- Saturday, Sept. 19 - Paa Kow (rhythm/jazz/African pop).
- Saturday, Sept. 26 - 17th Avenue Allstars (doo wop, '50s & 60's, Motown).
Westside Pioneer article