Houses rise on site of original Bristol School on Walnut Street
The property owner/ developer is Jon Day, whose plans were approved by the city two years ago.
One house represents a major remodel of a 2,300-square-foot classroom building that was erected in 1951. The other three, all two stories high, are new, contemporary-styled homes facing onto Walnut Street.
The original Bristol Elementary building was built by School District 11 in 1891 and torn down in 1973, but other buildings were added over the years, records show. The Bijou School was the last to use the site, departing in 2009. Bristol opened at its current location, two blocks north on Walnut, in 1973.
D-11 sold the old Bristol site in 2012. The southern half of the property was subdivided first - into four lots in 2013 - but no development has occurred there yet.
Westside Pioneer article