2C roadwork locations on Westside listed through July 24Here are the locations scheduled by City Public Works for 2C road upgrades on the Westside during the time frame of July 11-24.
The work will include overnight (8 p.m.-8 a.m.) milling/paving of the Garden of the Gods streets that are to be repaved this year. During this time, the park itself will be closed, as will the roads.
- Glen Eyrie Circle at 30th Street - digout.
- Gateway Road from 30th Street to Juniper Way Loop - milling/overlay.
- Juniper Way Loop at Gateway Road - milling/overlay.
- Garden Drive from Juniper Way Loop to park entrance - milling/overlay.
- Garden Lane at Garden Drive - milling/overlay.
- Ridge Road from Pikes Peak Avenue to Garden of the Gods Park - milling/overlay.
- Millstream Terrace from Lower Gold Camp Road to Rio Grande Street - digout.
- Pyrite Terrace from Lower Gold Camp Road to Rio Grande Street - digout.
- Argus Boulevard from 21st Street to Orion Drive - concrete work.
Note that there could be traffic impacts at any time in the work locations, including the temporary loss of a through lane or even a detour around the site.
2C was the name of the city-sponsored ballot measure that voters approved in last November's election. It established a .62 percent sales tax over a five-year span, dedicated to road improvements.
The upgrades consist of concrete upgrades (where applicable) and new paving on a prioritized list of road segments. A city website with 2C information can be found at https://coloradosprings.gov/public-works/page/right-way-infrastructure- maintenance-funding.
Westside Pioneer/press release