2C roadwork locations on Westside through July 10 - GoG street work startingHere are the locations scheduled by City Public Works for 2C road upgrades on the Westside during the time frame of June 27-July 10.
The work will include overnight (8 p.m.-8 a.m.) milling of the Garden of the Gods streets that are to be repaved this year. During this time, the park itself will be closed, as will the roads.
Just south of the park, Ridge Road - a park access - will also be getting milled. This work will take place in the daytime, with intermittent northbound and southbound closures, according to city information.
- Glen Eyrie Circle at 30th Street - digout.
- Gateway Road from 30th Street to Juniper Way Loop - milling.
- Juniper Way Loop at Gateway Road - milling.
- Garden Drive from Juniper Way Loop to park entrance - milling.
- Garden Lane at Garden Drive - milling.
- Ridge Road from Pikes Peak Avenue to Garden of the Gods Park - milling.
Note that there could be traffic impacts at any time in the work locations, including the temporary loss of a through lane or even a detour around the site.
2C was the name of the city-sponsored ballot measure that voters approved in last November's election. It established a .62 percent sales tax over a five-year span, dedicated to road improvements.
The upgrades consist of concrete upgrades (where applicable) and new paving on a prioritized list of road segments. A city website with 2C information can be found at https://coloradosprings.gov/public-works/page/right-way-infrastructure- maintenance-funding.
Westside Pioneer/press release