OCC History Center gets its colors back
The exterior of the Old Colorado City History Center received a new coat of paint this spring. The $11,800 project represents the first full paint job since the History
Center moved into the former church 11 years ago.
The volunteer Old Colorado City Historical Society (OCCHS), which owns and maintains the building, had been saving up for the expense; the El Pomar Foundation also contributed $5,000, according to OCCHS Treasurer Dave Hughes.
He added that painters found the fašade to be in generally good condition, although some caulking was needed here and there.
The building, erected around 1900, was originally the Bethany Baptist Church. The OCCHS bought it in 1992 and, after extensive fundraising for renovations, was able to move into it five years after that.
Westside Pioneer article