Free summer concerts on Westside organized by county, PPJASSThe first of seven free, outdoor summer concerts on the Westside organized by El Paso County Parks and/or the Pikes Peak Jazz & Swing Society (PPJASS) is scheduled at Bear Creek Regional Park (off 21st Street at Argus Boulevard) Wednesday, June 4 at 5 p.m.
Performing will be the USAF Academy Band "Falconaires" and ďAlumni Band," according to the PPJASS website.
Here is a chronological schedule after June 4 (Westside locations only - all from 6 to 8 p.m.):
- June 11, Bancroft Park - New Horizons Kicks Band. (PPJASS.)
- June 25, from 6 to 8 p.m., Bear Creek Regional Park - Colorado Springs Conservatory Faculty Jazz Band with student guests. (County and PPJASS.)
- July 12, Bear Creek Regional Park - Pikes Peak Philharmonic Orchestra. (County.)
- July 23, Bear Creek Regional Park - Swing Connection, with vocalist Laura Davis. (County and PPJASS.)
- Aug. 13, Bear Creek Regional Park - Al Eberhardt's Changing Times. (County and PPJASS.)
- Aug 20, Bancroft Park - Springs Contemporary Jazz Big Band. (PPJASS.)
Westside Pioneer/press release