Jazz Society sets free summer concerts in Bancroft, Bear Creek parksFree outdoor concerts in Bancroft Park and Bear Creek Regional Park make up a large part of the schedule for the Pikes Peak Jazz & Swing Society this summer.
Here are the events scheduled in those parks for the society's annual Jazz in the Parks series (all dates are Wednesdays):
· June 1 at 6 p.m., Springs Contemporary Jazz Big Band in Bancroft Park.
· June 8 at 6 p.m., Flute Daddy Quartet in Bancroft Park.
· June 15 at 6 p.m., New Horizons Kicks Band (Tom Fowler, director) in Bear Creek Regional Park.
· June 22 at 6 p.m., New Horizons Small Jazz Ensemble in Bear Creek Regional Park.
· June 29 at 6 p.m., Swing Connection (Laura Davis on vocals) in Bear Creek Regional Park.
· July 27 at 6 p.m., Barry Fagin & Friends in Bear Creek Regional Park.
· Aug. 3 at 6 p.m., Academy Jazz Ensemble in Bancroft Park.
· Aug. 24 at 6 p.m., Jacob Herold Quartet in Bear Creek Regional Park.
· Aug. 31 at 5 p.m., USAF Academy Band - the Falconaires and Alumni Band - in Bancroft Park.
El Paso County Parks supports the shows in its venues through its Summer Concerts in the Park program.
Formed in 1985, the Pikes Peak Jazz And Swing Society works to promote jazz in the community. The full Jazz in the Parks schedule can be found at ppjass.org/events.html.
Westside Pioneer/press release