Library programs, bike repairs part of Westside Community Center summer fare
Located at 1628 W. Bijou St., the complex is free and open to the public, although there are fees for some classes and programs.
Here are some scheduled or ongoing activities/events:
· June 3, 10, 17 and 24 and July 8 (all Fridays), from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. - free Summer Morning Fun interactive children's programs, organized by the Old Colorado City Library, with various performers/presenters.
· Second Saturday of the month through September, from 9 a.m. to noon - free repairs of recreational bicycles by volunteer specialists. Donations of bikes are also accepted.
· Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 2:30 to 7 p.m. - The Fitness Center offers a range of equipment to any age group. Supervised. Free.
· May 31-Aug. 19 - YMCA day camp for ages 5-12.
· Starting June 6 - Summer Food Program (by School District 11) - free meals for ages 1-18 weekdays from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and 11:45-12:30 p.m.
For more information, call the center at 385-7920 x100.
Westside Pioneer/press release