Activities/demonstrations from international space agencies for Discovery Center's Star Days May 2The Space Foundation is dedicating its next Star Days, Saturday, May 2, to the international space community, a press release states.
Titled "International Space," the monthly event from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. will feature activities and demonstrations from space agencies around the globe at the foundation's Discovery Center, 4425 Arrowswest Drive off Garden of the Gods Road.
Included will be learning space words in foreign languages, finding out what it's like to be in space and constructing spacecraft models.
The cost of admission is $10 for adults, with reduced prices for seniors, military, students and children.
The May 2 Star Days schedule shows the following (subject to change):
- Moving and working in space challenge.
- Build your own Rosetta model.
- Watch Rosetta/Philae video shorts.
- Learn a Bollywood-style space dance.
- Flying origami - make an origami creation to fly in our wind tubes.
- Learn the names of planets in other languages: Spanish, Chinese, French and Japanese.
For more information, call 576-8000 or go to spacefoundation.org/museum.
From a press release