Camp Creek flash-flood preparedness meeting April 2The City of Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management will meet with citizens about the flash-flood risk in the Camp Creek drainage Wednesday, April 2 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The location will be the Glen Eyrie Castle, 3820 N. 30th St.
A press release describes the event as a “resident preparedness meeting,” which will provide education and updated information with regard to the increased flash flood risk following damage to vegetation in the Waldo Canyon burn scar and the city's planned response to a potential flash flood.” The release defines the following meeting topics:
- An analysis of flash-flood effects from burn-scar runoff.
- Current and future mitigation efforts.
- Weather forecasting and potential flood impact areas.
- Mitigation efforts -- what can you do?
- Emergency preparedness -- know your risk, make your plan, improve your outcome.
- Stay informed -- notification methods for flash-flood warnings.
- City response to flash-flooding events.
For more information, call the city at 385-5957.
From a press release