CSPD announces citizen-training class schedule for first half of yearThe Colorado Springs Police Department's Gold Hill station has released its schedule of citizen-training classes for the first half of 2015.
The free classes are particularly geared for citizens involved in Neighborhood Watch programs, but anyone can attend and no reservations are required.
All the classes start at 6 p.m. at the Gold Hill Police Substation, 955 W. Moreno Ave.
For more information, contact Gold Hill Crime Prevention Officer Sid Santos at 385-2117 or email@example.com
The list of classes and dates follows (presenter/additional info in parentheses):
- Feb. 19 - Crime Prevention Online Information (Officer Santos/class will include information on RAIDS online, where to find Registered Sex Offender listings and outside websites).
- March 18 - Fire and Life Safety (by retired CSFD firefighter Sandy Friedman).
- April 15 - Introduction to Incident Command (Officer Dave Husted).
- May 18 - Internet Safety for Parents and Teens (Officer Richard Hunt).
- June 17 - Community Advancing Public Safety (Jean Kraus/learn about what CAPS does for police and fire and what volunteer opportunities are available).
Westside Pioneer/press release