'I Love Space' is Feb. 7 Star Days theme at Space Foundation's Discovery CenterOn Saturday, Feb. 7, the Discovery Center's Star Days theme will be “I Love Space,” with hands-on activities for all ages, including activities with chemistry, Newton's laws of motion and phases of the Moon.
There is also a new exhibit that tracks the movement of the International Space Station. Live video feeds are also provided for the station, which has been orbiting Earth since October 2000.
The Discovery Center is inside the Space Foundation, 4425 Arrowswest Drive off Garden of the Gods Road. The center is open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Star Days is a monthly event, offering a special theme. The cost of admission is $10 for adults, with reduced prices for seniors, military, students and children.
The following will be included with admission Feb. 7:
- “Out of this World" - alien craft.
- "Over the Moon" - phases of the Moon craft.
- "Are you hot or not?" - thermal camera demo.
- "Who is your sunshine?" Learn about phases of the Sun.
- "Do you have chemistry?" - periodic table of elements activity.
- "Gravity attracts" - Newton's laws of motion activity.
- Science On a Sphere - globular science video presentations.
- Interactive exhibits.
- The ISS tracker.
From a press release